We've been talking a lot about our finances, so I thought it would be nice to do a post pulling together the posts I've done on the subject. I've gained a lot of new readers in the last few weeks, hopefully this will tie those posts together nicely to help more people be able to work on their finances. For those of you that have been with me throughout the series go check out each post and brush up on each of the steps.
So without further ado, here are the 7 Steps:
- Take a Look at Yourself - You are the answer to getting out of debt. Math is not your problem, habits are, and you must be willing to change them to make progress.
- Contentment - This is a life long process. Without contentment you'll always be wanting more and never satisfied. It'll make getting out of debt even tougher.
- Living on Less Than you Make - Essential and self-explanatory.
- Stop going into debt - This is a decision you must make. It's very easy to go into debt and seems so normal.
- Make a Plan - Yep, the dreaded B word. I have some great spreadsheets you can use in this post. Or check out my great PearBudget giveaway! Learn how to budget the Basics too.
- Baby Emergency Fund & Debt Snowball - The debt snowball helps you progress and feel like you are winning.
- Finish the Emergency Fund - Once you're debt-free you need to go back and finish your emergency fund bringing it up to 3-6 months of expenses. This makes so you have an umbrella for the rain!