Congrats to Jessica, the winner of this giveaway! Thanks to all who have entered!
So, I've decided to jump on the bandwagon of freezer cooking! As you could tell from my Menu Plans lately I experimented last month with freezing mostly the components for making the meals. I LOVED it! In fact this week has been rough because I'm mostly out of the easy meals and I just haven't been sticking well to my Menu because it's not done for me.
This month is extra exciting because I'm experimenting with recipes from Don't Panic - Dinner's in the Freezer I think I've found a new best friend. These books aren't just your typical casseroles which you then freeze. Often it's making most of it ahead, but leaving a few details to make it taste fresher.
Remember the Beef Chimichangas I shared last month? They came from this book and they were so good, I knew I needed this book! I also thought of you my dear readers. I was sure you'd be interested too. So I contacted the authors and they agreed to send me and one of my readers this book. YAY! (To enter scroll to the bottom of the page)
Quite a few of the meals on here are from this book. I'll put a DP and then the page number. It was so hard to keep my excitement down as I browsed. These recipes looked AWESOME! I can't wait to try them!
Here's my list of meals:
- Homemade Pizza - freeze dough, fry hamburger, cans of homemade sauce brought upstairs(x2)
- Lasagna - prepare and freeze
- Chicken Enchiladas- DP 89
- Colorado Style Beef Enchiladas - DP 164
- Manicotti - DP 164
- Barbecue Spare Ribs -DP 119
- Grilled Hamburgers - form patties
- Grilled Chicken - marinate enough for this meal and a salad meal later in that week
- Orange Teriyaki Chicken - DP 107
- Lemon Glazed Chicken Breasts - DP 106
- Hawaiin Chicken - DP 101
- Chicken Chimichangas - DP 120 used Chicken instead of Beef
- Shepherd's Pie
- Chicken & Biscuits Casserole
- Beef Mozzarella Bake - already made from previous batch cooking
So you think those recipes sound yummy and would love to win a copy. Well, here's your chance! Check out the Index of Recipes and tell me which sounds the best to you! You can also check out their webite here, they have some great tips and a few recipes on there.
If you would like extra entries:
- Subscribe to my blog in your favorite reader. Leave a comment if you already do.
- Tweet about this giveaway. Just paste this message: Great Cookbook Giveaway on Couponomic Stimulus Package! Check it out! http://TwitPWR.com/GnW/
- Tell all your friends on Facebook. Just paste this message: Great Cookbook Giveaway at Couponomic Stimulus Package! Check it out! http://couponomicstimuluspackage.blogspot.com/2010/04/freezer-cooking.html